El Nino is coming, as you should all know by now. We are expecting heavy storms and likely flooding. I hope everyone takes a few simple steps to be prepared. Here are three:
1) Sign up for AlertOC by visiting https://cityoflagunabeach.bbcportal.com/ This will keep you informed of emergencies and other community events
2) Join your community on the Nextdoor.com social network. If you really want to know what’s going on in Laguna Beach, there are few places with more up to date, real time info. Plus, the city staff uses the site to share emergency readiness and community safety information that may save your life.
3) Register to receive traffic alerts and red flag warnings by email or text by visiting http://www.lagunabeachcity.net/portal/default.asp
I’m excited that Laguna Beach continues to see great new places to eat, including Centrale Coastal Cuisine, Gu Ramen, Urth Caffe and now Skyloft. What do all four have in common? They are all pet friendly. Porter thanks you.
Has there ever been a traffic solution that was implemented faster and more effectively than the roundabout at the five point intersection at Los Robles and Catalina? No more worries about getting broadsided.
Effective and fair city policies depend on us sharing our thoughts with our elected representatives. This applies to a wide range of divisive issues – nightlife entertainment options, rooftop dining, coyote control, blocked views, short term rentals, homeless housing, cellular reception and beach access for dogs during the summer, to name a few. Don’t stew in silence – you may be in the majority.
Enjoy the peace of our Fall season, and be safe.
Tim Templeton, Laguna Beach
Firebrand Media LLC wants comments that advance the discussion, and we need your help to accomplish this mission. Debate and disagreement are welcomed on our platforms but do it with respect. We won't censor comments we disagree with. Viewpoints from across the political spectrum are welcome here. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, our community is not obliged to host all comments shared on its website or social media pages, including:
- Hate speech that is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic slurs, or calls for violence against a particular type of person.
- Obscenity and excessive cursing.
- Libelous language, whether or not the writer knows what they're saying is false.
Scroll down to comment on this post.