Boys Sand Volleyball (6-2)
Breakers advance to the finals for the fourth consecutive year, but lost again to defending champion Newport Harbor on their home court.
Thursday, Nov 2 – Orange County finals at Grant Street
Newport Harbor 4.5 Laguna 2.0
1) Ayrton Garcia –Geste Bianchi lost 21-14, 18-21, 10-15
2) Josh McManus –Cam Garcia won 19-21, 21-19, 15-8
3) George Knapp and Andrew Reavis won 21-19, 18-21, 15-1
4) Sam Burgi and Guy Thomas lost 17-21, 17-21
5) Jett Rocha –Charlie Pilsbury lost 14-21, 21-18, 11-15
4-Man (A Garcia, Bianchi, McManus, C Garcia) lost 22-28
Darren Utterback, the program’s only coach the past four seasons announced he is stepping down from the sand program but will continue as the indoor coach.
Girls Volleyball (20-8)
Laguna was upset in the quarterfinals on Saturday, Nov. 4, losing to sixth-ranked Westridge of Pasadena 24-26, 25-17, 25-27, 21-25. Breakers were missing head coach Shawn Patchell and sophomore opposite Soren Patchell, out of town for a family funeral. Chloe Edep was key in the second set victory with some exceptional serving. The last set Laguna was up 20-17 only to get out scored 8-1 to end the season. It was the programs 39th trip to the quarterfinals and only the 13th time they did not advance.Firebrand Media LLC wants comments that advance the discussion, and we need your help to accomplish this mission. Debate and disagreement are welcomed on our platforms but do it with respect. We won't censor comments we disagree with. Viewpoints from across the political spectrum are welcome here. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, our community is not obliged to host all comments shared on its website or social media pages, including:
- Hate speech that is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic slurs, or calls for violence against a particular type of person.
- Obscenity and excessive cursing.
- Libelous language, whether or not the writer knows what they're saying is false.
Scroll down to comment on this post.