The Festival of Arts’ FOA Foundation recently announced the 23 recipients awarded $100,000 in art grants for 2019. The FOA Foundation helps fund art-related nonprofits in Laguna Beach, emphasizing the enrichment of children and young adults in all disciplines of art.
“The FOA Foundation is proud to be a longtime sponsor of the Laguna Beach communities’ nonprofit art organizations. With an emphasis on educating our young students, the FOA Foundation supports our youth, both in their classrooms and through local venues in all the arts,” said FOA Foundation President Scott Moore. “We hope to increase the cultural experience for boys and girls, and young men and women, giving them a foundation for future appreciation and possibly a lifetime participation in the world of art.”
The 2019 Art Grants recipients are:
- Art 4 Kids
- Boys & Girls Club of Laguna Beach
- Festival of Arts Education
- Laguna Art Museum
- Laguna Beach Chamber Singers
- Laguna Beach High School Art Department
- Laguna Beach High School Ceramics Department
- Laguna Beach High School Drama Department
- Laguna Beach High School Music Department
- Laguna Beach Live!
- Laguna Beach Seniors
- Laguna Community Concert Band
- Laguna College of Art and Design
- Laguna Dance Festival
- Laguna Playhouse
- Laguna Plein Air Painters Association
- LOCA Arts Education
- No Square Theater
- The My Hero Project
- Thurston Middle School
- Thurston Middle School Drama
- Sawdust Art Enrichment Fund
‘Art Party of the Year’ is this Saturday
The community is invited to the third annual Art Party of the Year on Saturday, April 6, from noon to 7 p.m. Along with plenty of art to enjoy, the event will serve up wine, hors d’oeuvres, music, massages and free clairvoyant readings.
Artists on exhibition are: painter Karen Petty, jeweler Leslie Edler, textile artist Victoria Foley, lampworker Alex Fritz, glassblower Gina Lunn, and jeweler Sarvi Hosseini. Poul Pedersen, front man for the Missiles of October, will be playing solo throughout the day, and Lisa Najjar will be giving psychic readings.
Valet parking will be provided. The event takes place at 2190 Hillview Drive, across from Thurston Middle School. Call Karen Petty for more details at 949-280-5504.Firebrand Media LLC wants comments that advance the discussion, and we need your help to accomplish this mission. Debate and disagreement are welcomed on our platforms but do it with respect. We won't censor comments we disagree with. Viewpoints from across the political spectrum are welcome here. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, our community is not obliged to host all comments shared on its website or social media pages, including:
- Hate speech that is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic slurs, or calls for violence against a particular type of person.
- Obscenity and excessive cursing.
- Libelous language, whether or not the writer knows what they're saying is false.
Scroll down to comment on this post.