Trek Through Local Hiking Guide
Find out about the best hikes near the Orange County coast and throughout the county while enjoying a day at the beach during Saturday’s, July 2 event at Crystal Cove State Park sponsored by the Crystal Cove Alliance.
Laguna Beach resident Karin Klein, author of the county’s newest, updated hiking guide, “50 Hikes in Orange County,” will sign copies of her book at The Store at Crystal Cove, in the historic cottage district, and help you find new and little-known hikes that suit your interests and needs.
Klein is a tidepool docent at Crystal Cove State Park and a volunteer naturalist at the Laguna Coast, Caspers, Aliso and Wood Canyons wilderness parks in Orange County, leading hikes to the county’s hot springs and teaching people about edible and useful plants in the local wilderness.
All profits from sales of the book will go to the Crystal Cove Alliance, which supports programs and facilities at the state park.
Tunes & Tomes
Top sales/rentals for the week ending June 26:
Sound Spectrum, 1264 S. Coast Highway
- Danger Mouse/Jack White/Nora Jones, Rome
- Bon Iver, Bon Iver
- Stephen Marley, Revelation Part 2
- Airborne Toxic Event, All At Once
- Ziggy Marley, Wild & Free
- Neil Young, A Treasure
- Paul Simon, So Beautiful or So What
- Death Cab for Cutie, Codes or Keys
- My Morning Jacket, Circuital
10. Moby, Destroyed
Laguna Beach Books, 1200 S. Coast Highway
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- The Social Animal by David Brooks
- The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
- The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson
- One Day by David Nicholls
- The Reservoir by John Milliken Thompson
- The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
- Oil on Water by Helon Habila
- A Visit From the Good Squad by Jennifer Egan
10. The Companion by Lorcan Roche
Barnaby Rudge Videos, 1445 Glenneyre Street
- True Grit
- The Adjustment Bureau
- Get Low
- The Tourist
- Fair Game
- The King’s Speech
- Another Year
- Cedar Rapids
10. How Do You Know?