We are the current owners of the house high up on Pearl Street that “…sadly has suffered the same fate as befell the Festival’s restaurant with no rescue in sight.”
Apparently Mr. Gasparotti knows our house but has not seen it lately. Although it is not quite the same as when Mark Engelman had it built in 1957 (no more conversation pit), but we have made every effort to preserve the original style and attitude created by Don Williamson, the architect for our house and the restaurant at the Festival of Arts.
No longer a bachelor pad, we have raised three daughters in this wonderful space unlike any other in Laguna.
David Law, Laguna Beach