Boys Sand Volleyball (6-1)
Breakers advanced for the fourth straight season to the Orange County finals, to be held Thursday, Nov. 2.
Wednesday, Oct. 25 – Newland Street Courts – Quarterfinals
Laguna Beach 6.5, Dana Hills 0.0
1) Ayrton Garcia –Geste Bianchi won 21-17, 22-20
2) Josh McManus –Cam Garcia won 21-17, 21-16
3) Enzo Sadler-George Knapp won 21-14, 21-17
4) Guy Thomas – Andrew Reavis won 21-17, 21-10
5) Jett Rocha –Charlie Pilsbury won 21-16, 23-25, 15-5
4-Man (A Garcia, Bianchi, McManus, C Garcia) won 28-26
Monday, Oct. 30 – Newland Street Courts – Semifinals
Laguna Beach 4.5, Huntington Beach 2.0
1) Ayrton Garcia & Geste Bianchi lost 21-14,18-21,14-16
2) Josh McManus & Cam Garcia won 21-18,21-10
3) George Knapp & Andrew Reavis lost 21-11,17-21,13-15
4) Guy Thomas & Jackson Stillwell won 21-17,19-21,15-8
5) Charlie Pillsbury & Jett Rocha won 21-16,24-22
4-Man ( A Garcia, C Garcia, Bianchi, McManus) won 28-22
Girls Volleyball (19-7, 10-0) Orange Coast League Champions
Laguna was seeded third in the SS CIF Division 3 playoffs and received a bye to Thursday, Nov. 2. They were scheduled to meet either Elsinore or Murrieta Mesa. Should the Breakers prevail and seedings hold, they would see either Burroughs/Burbank or sixth seed Westridge on Saturday, Nov. 4. Breakers defeated Westridge 25-17, 29-27 in a match on Oct. 13 in San Diego. Semi-final playoff is Nov. 7 and the final either Friday or Saturday, Nov. 10 or 11, at Cerritos College.
Firebrand Media LLC wants comments that advance the discussion, and we need your help to accomplish this mission. Debate and disagreement are welcomed on our platforms but do it with respect. We won't censor comments we disagree with. Viewpoints from across the political spectrum are welcome here. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, our community is not obliged to host all comments shared on its website or social media pages, including:
- Hate speech that is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic slurs, or calls for violence against a particular type of person.
- Obscenity and excessive cursing.
- Libelous language, whether or not the writer knows what they're saying is false.
Scroll down to comment on this post.